Sunday 2 June 2013

Agnes Water

I only spent one night in Agnes Water and from what i saw that felt like enough. Agnes Water is twinned with a town 5km up the road called 1770 which apparently is basically a marina. Having said this I actually had a really good time whilst there. There was a group of 4 of us and the first night the guys cooked us 2 girls dinner which was the cutest thing. The night was spent playing drinking games just for a change. We stayed at a hostel called Cool Bananas which was run by some of the craziest Australians, the owner was OCD when it came to cleanliness. This did lead to one of the cleanest kitchens we'd seen but he'd scream at you if things weren't washed up as soon as they'd finished being used. He also had a little sidekick, nicknamed Gollum as they shared a striking resemblance, who'd patrol everywhere on a skateboard carrying out his bosses work. Having said this he was pretty friendly and said goodbye to everyone individually when we left.
On our second day, after taking advantage of free WiFi me and one of the guys went for a leisurely stroll on the beach. The beach was sheltered and was surrounded by big rocks. After about 20 minutes we realised that the tide was coming in and thought we'd walk over the rocks as there must be a path further along the beach. There wasn't. Or at least there might have been but the tide had come too far in to get around a rock that jutted out. Our only option was up what can only be described as a cliff edge. Adam is much taller than me and has longer legs and he went up the way with lots of big rocks but I had to find another way as my legs were too short to get from rock to rock. So, my way involved going through undergrowth and pulling myself up on some very unstable branches. I slipped on one rock that went tumbling down but luckily my other foot was on a steady rock. After almost stepping on a toad I emerged from the top a sweaty mess yet with a feeling of accomplishment. After lunch the four of us went on a trip to Scooteroo, which gives you a chance to ride a modified Harley Davidson scooter kitted up in helmets,leather jackets and fake tattoos. It took me a while to get the hang of the scooter but after going through a muddy puddle too fast it all clicked into place. You have to ride single file with a leader at the front, a van at the back and several other bikers driving along the line to check everyone's okay. I started off right near the back but after the first stop I politely asked if I could move and ended up leading the pack. It was so much fun and has made me want to start proper motorbike lessons when I get home. On the drive we saw loads of wold kangaroos and watched the sunset over a harbour. Apparently, from the back I looked like a mean biker with my brown curly hair blowing out from underneath my flaming helmet. I think people half expected me to have a big bushy biker beard when they saw my face.
After getting back we watched The Inbetweeners movie before catching the overnight bus to Airline Beach.
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment